My father encouraged me to be a risk-taker: Dulquer Salmaan

Being the son of the Malayalam icon Mammootty, young Dulquer Salmaan tells you he has always been a risk-taker - because that's what his superstar father has always taught him to do.

"My father always encourages me to take risks. Right from my initial days, he told me that my food, lodging and other basic things were secure. So, as a youngster, if I don't take risks, if I don't experiment, who will? Dad always says that unless you make mistakes you cannot build your character as an individual, and grow as an artist. If one film fails, I do not have to sleep on the road, right? So, then why should I not take calculated risks? My father is very stubborn. He does not believe in spoon-feeding me in the film business," Dulquer told IANS.

The actor has seen the south Indian film industry closely, even before he entered the business with his debut film Second Show in 2012.



from Sify.com

Comments